Tuesday, March 23, 2010

UNTITLED...a clinic for jazz'ers

firstly, i must thank bobo for being such a sport in changing shift with me, in order for me to go to this clinic and the coming event afterwards.
second, i must thank glacius for his help in getting me the street name, and later, ice, for giving the adress through sms. damn i am bad with direction, although i've been to this place before -_-"
third...its plain fu*king beautiful

'Jazz is improvisation...'

Margie and Micheal, it was a beautiful dream =)















I ask two question

Me: I was told by a Jazz singer, that if you aint got soul, u cant sing Jazz. How far, in your opinion, is this statement. I do believe in it; hard life living makes the Jazz singer sings more soulfully.How bout you, Margie? Do you agree on this?

Margie: Jazz is from slavery, as you all know. Yes, i believe so. I do sing and my history does effect it. But if you wanna know my history, i'm afraid i will cry on stage. Yes...i agree, the more hardship a jazz singer have, the more soulfully she or he can be

Me: Can you tell, the different shade between singing blues and jazz, in your opinion

Margie: Both, in a way, its the same. Both express emotions very soulfully. However Jazz, its an improvisation, never be the same in each performance, according to the emotion on that particular time.
Micheal gave his opinion also:Jazz, u can play the tempo, it will never be the same, we can alter it in a way, to play fast tempo, and suddenly slow, in a way. It is, and will never be the same in one performance when one sings Jazz.

"never copy any Jazz singer, be yourslef. Its an your expression of feelings.."



I request strange fruit by billie holiday
unfortunately, margie says she doesnt feel like doing it, so she said no

however

to wrap up the clinic, they both end it with this song,

"aint no sunshine when she's gone...."

=)

simply, a beautiful dream.....