Monday, February 8, 2010

UNTITLED...songs about jane

My father use to say this to me…
The songs that a person like to hear
Portrays what’s within them selves
Whether, the song is just mere words that dunt make sense
But the melody spells the emotions, drunk with tense
Or…a simple structure song,
But fill with beautiful metaphors that poets long to read for,
Or long to die for,
And I truly believe this…
Either u choose a song because of the lyrics,
Or because of the beats,
Or just because u plain liked the song….
It does portray who u are…

So tell me…who are u?
A song chocked up with happiness?
A song beaten up by grief?
Or just a song which appreciate its surroundings…
Or many more…

Tell me again
Who are u, dear song
And what are u to me?

Knowing my song doesn’t mean u know me, dear friend…
And U know y?
Because I’m eclectic,
U’ll never get me, because I’m all of it
From the tunes of jazz,
To the beat of a crunk
I’m the girl they sing of heartbreaks, bonding, building bridges and sunshine weather
I’m the girl whom u can never figure out,
Even if you put thousands of songs mash-up together